Analog and digital output with conditional programming

Hello,

It has been many years since I have used Phoenix Contact, but I am looking into some automation and would like some insight on a potential build. I won’t need it to be particularly robust. In a nutshell the builds requirements are as follows.

-Under certain conditions (DI1 or DI2 and potentially more) I’ll need to control 7 Analog outputs (4-20mA valves) and/or 7 Solenoid valves (most likely 120V).

For example, If DI1 is open circuit (system idle) de-energize the 7 solenoids (they can act as 1 if needed but I am not sure of current draw yet), then if DI1 is closed circuit, energize solenoids. Then, if DI2 is closed a preprogrammed modulation sequence (hopefully this can be done via PLC?) starts for the 4-20 outputs, and the Solenoids de-energize (even if DI1 is closed circuit). If at any point during the 4-20mA sequence DI2 is open, the 4-20 output will revert to 4mA and the solenoids will re-energize.

I’m sure my explanation of what I am trying to accomplish might seem fuzzy, but the answer I am really here for is what components will I need to accomplish this? I have looked at the Axioline F I/O and however slick it looks, I think it might be overkill, but I’m here to find out if that’s the best course, or if there is a simpler and cheaper solution.

Thank you in advance for any insight you can provide!

HI PoolGuy,

The AXC F 1252 - Controller - 1646469 | Phoenix Contact can be used with Axioline Smart Elements (Axioline SE)Search results | PHOENIX CONTACT.

For detailed advice regarding the suitable hardware configuration, module selection, and your specific application requirements, we kindly ask you to contact your responsible Phoenix Contact sales representative or your local Phoenix Contact office. They will be able to provide the most appropriate recommendation for your project and region.

BR
Lennart