Python main.py

If I have a python script named main it is executed automatically every time the Python APP is set to RUN (I know this is OK because it is explained in the documentation) but I cannot see anywhere if a script is running or not, and moreover if I modify the main.py file while it is being executed automatically, nothing change, meaning that I have 2 scripts running at the same time with the same name.
And if I rename the main.py to main_.py the script keeps working so looks like there is a temporary copy of the original script somewhere and it is updated every time the Python App is set to RUN.
How does it work? Where can I find any information or advice about there is an script running?

Hi Omar,

In embedded Python environments main.py is required by convention. The file is then lunched by the runtime and not executed directly from the file system. So, there is no two scripts running at the same time. One process is running by the OS while the other one is modified in the file system. To execute the modifications in main.py, restart the Python app. This does not apply to other ###.py files you might have.